Tuesday, May 23, 2017

On to the Bindings...

I finished quilting the two Straight and Easy Table Runners yesterday and I tried to get pictures before it got too dark. There was a bit of wind and I couldn't get a decent picture of both runners without the wind whipping them around. Oh well, maybe that will happen after the bindings are on them. 


Here's the 2 1/2" strip version


I quilted the width of my walking foot along both sides of the seam allowance.

And here's the 1 1/2" strip version


I quilted this right down the middle of the strips.


I couldn't wait until I returned home tonight, so I started hand stitching some of the binding. I'm please with my choice of solid purple binding. And, I still LOVE the Superior Threads Rainbows #801 variegated thread on both the top and bottom.  


Since they are both pretty small (18" x 46" and 18" x 52"), I should have the binding done before bedtime.

1 comment:

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh those are gorgeous! I must make some of those. Thanks for the inspiration.