Sunday, September 24, 2017

Time to Play with Fabric!

I received this bundle of fabric from P & B Textiles recently, and love it!


The top two fabrics are from the Norman Wyatt Signature Earthtones 2 and I fell in love with them the first time I saw them at M&E Quilt Shoppe. I was thrilled when they were included in the bundle! The other fabrics are Bear Essentials 3 fabrics, and since all of the Bear Essential lines have been a favorite of mine, I'm happy they were included too. 

I've been mulling ideas around in my head for what to make with the fabrics and finally decided that the first project is going to be four placemats and a table runner using the BQ Goes Mini pattern from Maple Island Quilts. I'm going to make one of each of the four placemat designs and the smaller table runner,  which will measure 18" x 45". The placemats will measure 18" x 13 1/2".


Here are the fabrics I've pulled for that.




I already have a couple of the Norman Wyatt fabrics in my stash and decided to include them for the project. And, I just bought a little more since there was an End of Summer Sale at M&E this past weekend. Lucky me!  👍 



The gold will be the background and I'm thinking about the stripe for binding.



I'm also using to use this bundle to participate in Quilting Jetgirl's Wayward Transparency Quilt Along. Here's what I've pulled for that. Yes, I've pulled two of the same fabrics for this project. (The brown is different.) I really like these two fabrics and since I already had some in my stash, I decided to use them. 


I've got some thinking to do for the remaining fabrics, but I'm sure it won't take long to figure out how to use them.  😊


Check back tomorrow to see how far I've gotten. 

What are you working on this beautiful Sunday?

No comments: