Monday, November 27, 2017

Design Wall Monday

I spent a little time at the machine right before Thanksgiving and it felt really good. On Friday, instead of heading out to the "belly of the beast," AKA - Black Friday Shopping, I decided that I would get a head start on another Quilt of Valor. (Since I give a bunch of quilts out on Veterans Day, my new "QOV Season" has begun and I need to start restocking my supply of quilts.)

I pulled some of my bigger red and blue scraps and found some really big cream/tan pieces left over from a 108" backing fabric. I did some quick math and decided that I could make it work, and this is what I came up with.


I made adjustments to the Darcey pattern by Villa Rosa Designs so it would fit the QOV size requirements. I am very happy with the results.


I might make another one of these, but mix up the color arrangement. I've got a nice variety of patriotic fabrics from which to choose, so I'll have plenty of options.

I'm happy to say that I don't have an abundance of quilting that I HAVE to do for Christmas, but there are a few things I want to do. I like the "want to do" so much better than "have to do." Little or no pressure is nice. 😊

What are you working on today?

Check out the quilting eye candy at


and


No comments: